I see the Pepper Martin Run--

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Staten Island Runner Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Glenn Ribotsky on June 13, 2007 at 09:58:40:

--has also included imn its application (in uppercase, no less) the proviso that the race directors reserve the right to reject any entry.

The fact that they have not included the additional words "for any reason" would probably save them from any legal ramifications, though.

BTW, the SI Advance Memorial Day Run, which, as I have previously posted, did include such application language, apparently modified it in subsequent application printings after consultation with legal staff in light of my communications.

This was what I received from Christine Norberg (from the Advance's marketing department):

"Your original email message questioning the disclaimer had to be forwarded to the Advance corporate lawyers at the main office. The race committee has no part in writing this disclaimer.

Only just heard back from the lawyers on Thursday… one change was made to the last sentence of the second paragraph. This change will be reflected in the entry forms that run starting May 1.

Revised wording reads: " The undersigned represents he/she trained for the Event and that his/her physical condition has been verified by a licensed physician."

Regards,

Christine Norberg"

I did not see that second application "run" to see if this change was actually made, but it would be more important, at this point, to make sure that the questionable language does not appear again in subsequent years.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

User ID:
Password:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Staten Island Runner Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]