DAY 41: 7-11-04-RACE ACROSS AMERICA (Agnes Oquendo)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Staten Island Runner Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gail Marino on November 29, 2004 at 09:25:52:

In Reply to: RACE ACROSS AMERICA-Louis Rodriguez updates posted by Gail Marino on August 02, 2004 at 09:02:43:

RAA DAY # 41 THURSDAY 7/22/04

It is raining as we leave this morning from Mankato, Kansas to Belleville, Kansas for 31.6 miles with a cutoff time of 9 hrs 01 min. Generally, a short day is planned when race management is planning a celebration of some kind after running. Today there will be a celebration of the halfway mark, at the motel for tonight. The line up is as usual, Taka & Lou in the back of the pack. As I drive ahead, I cannot help but to notice that Bob is so far ahead of Russell & Luc & they seem comfortable with that. The rain stopped by 7 am & the sun made its appearance, as the day grew warm.
Alan handed me a sheet of paper with updated statistics of how the runners were doing after each stage, consisting of miles per hr. Although this sheet is very nice, it is not accurate, because Lou's times are not his, starting on July 4th. Of course his time for July 4th was not there, because they refuse to acknowledge his time. Then every time after that is the time he was allowed to run, not the time he could have run, because he was prohibited to pass the 3rd runner ever. I am forced to accept this sheet of paper graciously, without expressing my true opinion. Actually, there are a few days that he has the same times as Luc & Russell, hmm.
It is another day without turns, we are on a straight run on route 36. Lou ran 28 miles today, it was just short of the 3 miles to complete the days stage. Everyone seemed to feel well today, the weather was nice & it was a short day. Olivier finished in 6:29, Kaz 7:11, Don 7:40 & Taka 8:54, 7 min ahead of cutoff. I never said anything, but I felt really bad that no one ever wondered why Lou only ran 28 miles instead of the 31.6. Perhaps they did wonder but never asked. Well at least we finished early enough to buy supplies, eat, rest & of course find many mailboxes in town for our breast cancer pamphlets. Till tomorrow, Lou & Agnes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

User ID:
Password:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Staten Island Runner Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]